There are more than six million motorcycles on our roads, according to the National Traffic Safety Administration Highway Administration (NHTSA, for its acronym in English).
For motorcyclists, there is nothing better than the freedom you feel when traveling on the road with the best motorcycle helmet.
Before accelerating into high gear, carefully read the following tips NHTSA to prevent injuries and deaths on the road.
- Attend a training course for drivers of motorcycles and practice, practice and practice.
- If an experienced driver, consider taking a course to review and hone their skills.
- Use appropriate protective clothing such as helmets, goggles, shoes, gloves, long sleeves and pants. In addition, use reflective materials or flashy so that other drivers can see colors.
- Before driving with another passenger, make sure you have enough experience traveling alone.
- Drive defensively
- Be attentive and pay attention especially at intersections where it occurs 50 percent of accidents involving motorcycles.
- Pay attention to road conditions if potholes, oil spills, puddles and uneven surfaces.
- Avoid driving in the blind spots of other drivers.
- Drive with lights on day and night.
- Avoid sticking to the vehicles ahead of you or change lanes. Keep a distance to be able to respond in time to the other driver maneuvers.
- Avoid driving in the rain. If you need to travel anyway, do not drive on or painted metal surfaces as they offer fewer traction lines.
- If you drink, do not drive.
- Additional resources for motorcyclists
- Safety Administration National Highway Traffic – How to choose the right helmet and state laws on the use of helmets.
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation – Detailed recommendations on safety equipment.
- Safety equipment for motorcycles – Equip yourself before accelerating.
- Motorcycle safety on the road – Safety Tips on the road.
- When you should deal with climate – Be careful when driving hazards caused by weather.
antilock brakes – are no longer just for cars.
- Motorcycle insurance – Make sure you have coverage before hitting the road.
Choosing your motorcycle helmet more appropriate
As you know, the helmet is the most important element motorcyclist equipment. No matter your country or state in helmet use is not mandatory, it is common sense to always use a helmet that will supply the necessary security.
There are different types of helmets for different types of motorcycles or needs. The first step is to consider what use I’ll give my helmet? Will I travel with him? Just what I’ll use in town? Do you want a sports helmet? That is essential to know what type of helmet you need.
The first steps
Define first what kind of helmet is the one that best suits your needs and then it will be time to choose. The market offers plenty of options but begins by choosing only among approved helmets.
As with motorcycles, beware of love at first sight. An attractive design does not always mean good quality, keep in mind that we are talking about the security of your head, so pay attention and do not settle for anything.
The importance of size
Choosing the right size is critical. Since there is no exact science because each manufacturer may vary, the best way to check is to try and try one after another, until you find the most appropriate based on your feelings.
A helmet should always tighten but without disturbing. With the helmet moves his head from side to side quickly to ensure that does not move, and if you think you are too tight stay with him 10 minutes on, if after that time you do not have discomfort probably not too small for you. Please also note that the padded cheekbone eventually give way and push less.
There are more comfortable than other models, do not accuse an awkward design to a size too small. Note that loses too loose helmet protective properties in case of impact, so take the time to define your size correctly.
To know where to start to measure yourself with a tape head, around the forehead above the eyebrows and ears, and then check out the indicative table here we offer.
Chart motorcycle helmets
Size Cm Inches Helmet
20.87 – 21.26 – 52-54 XS
21.65 – 22.05 – 55-56 – S
22.44 – 22.83 – 57-59 – M
23.23 – 23.62 – 59-60 – L
24.02 – 24.41 – 61-62 – XL
24.80 – 25.20 – 63-64 – XXL
If you wear glasses or lenses, it is important that you try on the helmet with your glasses or lenses are worn, if you do not check then you will discover that you rub or hurt. Therefore, as we have said, test, test and test is the only way to give the helmet that best fits your head.
The design of a helmet
Although it seems needless to say Choose a helmet that you like! But if you also design your helmet it is in clear or flashy, much better tone. The bikes are very visible and the more we look much better, even there with reflective elements and fluorescent colors. It is a good measure to make it look motorbike and increase our security.
A light color, besides making us easier to see, prevents us from the heat under the best designs helmets dark sun. Also, keep that in mind when making your choice.
Another important element is the ventilation of a helmet. The inlet and outlet openings allow air flow fresh air. Not only breathing, but to aerate the head itself. Do not neglect this detail, a well-chosen helmet can help reduce heat on a motorcycle. To know in depth how it is made a helmet do not miss the article The security of a helmet and do not forget all you need to know about motorcycle helmets.
Hello, my name is Bradley Miller, a member of http://cloudmotorcycle.com. Cloudmotorcycle.com is about the Best Motorcycle Helmet review.